Professor of Economics and Political Science
Ph.D., Economics, UniversitÃ© Libre de Bruxelles
M.A., Econometrics, UniversitÃ© Libre de Bruxelles
- BUILT TO LAST: A Political Architecture for Europe, with Erik Berglöf, Barry Eichengreen, Guido Tabellini, and Charles Wyplosz, CEPR series, Monitoring European Integration, No. 12, London, 2003.
- TRANSITION AND ECONOMICS: Politics, Markets and Firms, The MITPress, 2000.
- Understanding Institutional Change: Fast-Moving and Slow-Moving Institutions, Studies in Comparative International Development, 2004.
- Enlargement and the European Parliament,with A. Noury, in N. Campos and J. Fidrmuc (eds.), Political Economy of Transition:Institutions, Politics and Policies, Kluwer, 2003.
- Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint,with J. Kornai and E. Maskin, Journal of Economic Literature,2003.
- Law Enforcement and Transition, with Thierry Verdier, European Economic Review, 2003.
- More Power to the European Parliament?, with Abdul Noury, Economic Policy, 2002. [Web Appendix]
- The Political Economy of Transition, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2002.
- Corporate Governance and Restructuring: Lessons from Transition Economies, World Bank Conference, 2001.
- Soft Budget Constraints, Transition and Financial Systems, with M. Dewatripont, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 2000.
- Comparative Politics and Public Finance, with T. Persson and G. Tabellini, Journal of Political Economy, 2000.
- Reform without Losers: An Interpretation of China's Dual-Track Approach to Transition, with L. Lau and Y. Qian, Journal of Political Economy, 2000.
- Managerial Career Concerns, Privatization and Restructuring in Transition Economies, with K. Sekkat, European Economic Review, 2000.