19th Annual Travers Conference on Ethics & Accountability in Government
Presented by the Charles & Louise Travers Department of Political Science, University of California, Berkeley
In cooperation with the Institute of Governmental Studies and the Commonwealth Club of California.
Theme: Election 2016
April 15, 2016
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
2680 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Opening remarks. 9:00 - 9:10.
Panel 1. 9:15 - 10:30. Understanding the nomination races.
- Keena Lipsitz (CUNY-Queens College)
- Ryan Lizza (The New Yorker)
- Seth Masket (University of Denver)
- Eric Schickler (University of California, Berkeley)
Panel 2. 10:45 - 12:00. The dynamics of the fall campaign.
- Harry Enten (fivethirtyeight.com)
- David Karol (University of Maryland)
- Lynn Vavreck (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Laura Stoker (University of California, Berkeley)
Lunch. 12:00 - 1:30.
Panel 3. 1:30 - 2:45. How will voters decide in November?
- Matt Baretto (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Henry Olsen (Ethics and Public Policy Center)
- Gabe Lenz (University of California, Berkeley)
- Chris Wlezien (University of Texas, Austin)
Remarks on Travers Program, Department Chair. 3:00 - 3:15
Panel 4. 3:15 - 4:30. Prospects for governance after the election.
- Jennifer Lawless (American University)
- Tom Mann (Brookings Institution and University of California, Berkeley)
- Hans Noel (Georgetown University)
- Rob Van Houweling (University of California, Berkeley
All panels in roundtable discussion format:
- 20 mins. for brief initial remarks
- 30-40 mins. for panelist discussion
- 15-20 mins. for audience Q&A
Please register for the conference using the link below:
Please continue to follow this page for updates on logistics, speakers, and schedule.