Information, Resources, & Services
Below, you will find a few links to some useful resources for your job search. If you will be going on the job market this year, fill out the Intent Form found by logging into the Graduate Student intranet section of our website. Please note you will be asked to login with your CalNet ID and Password. Contact the Political Science Graduate Office via email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you are interested in hiring a UC Berkeley Political Science PhD graduate, please contact the Political Science Graduate Office via firstname.lastname@example.org with your job listing. A list of current PhD students on the job market can also be found on the PhDs on the Job Market section of our website. Please note: some job candidates may not be listed.
The UC Berkeley Career Center offers fantastic information and advice that delve into the intricacies of going on the academic job market. We strongly recommend that you attend their workshops and take advantage of their many online resources:
- The Academic Job Search: https://career.berkeley.edu/PhDs/PhDAcademic.stm
- The Hiring Process from the Other Side: https://career.berkeley.edu/phds/PhDhiring.stm
- What to Do When You Advance to Candidacy: https://career.berkeley.edu/PhDs/PhDcand
- How to write/create your:
WORKSHOPS AND PROGRAMS
- UCB Career Center Workshops and Programs: https://career.berkeley.edu/PhDs/PhdEvents
- Summer Institute for Preparing Future Faculty: http://gsi.berkeley.edu/programs-services/workshops-seminars-institutes/summer-institute/
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES AND ADVICE
- PhDs.org: “Finding a Job”
- Chronicle of Higher Education (https://chroniclevitae.com/news)
- InsideHigherEd.com: “It’s All About Balance”; “Writing and Rewriting the C.V.”; "Get a Job! Finding Fit"
JOB LISTING LINKS