- "Distorted Communication, Unequal Representation: Constituents Communicate Less To Representatives Not Of Their Race." American Journal of Political Science 58 no. 2. (2014)
- "Mobilizing Candidates." Forthcoming, Journal of Experimental Political Science.
- "Can the Presence of Female Politicians and Candidates Empower Women to Vote or Run For Office? A Regression Discontinuity Approach." Electoral Studies 34. (2014)
- "Do Online Advertisements Increase Political Candidates' Name Recognition or Favorability? Evidence from Randomized Field Experiments." (with Donald P. Green) Forthcoming, Political Behavior.
- "Black Politicians Are More Intrinsically Motivated To Advance Blacks' Interests: A Field Experiment Manipulating Political Incentives." American Journal of Political Science 57 no. 3. (2013)
- Winner of the Lawrence Longley Award for the best article on representation and electoral systems published in 2013 from the APSA Representation and Electoral Systems section.
- "The 'Problem of Preferences': Medicare and Business Support for the Welfare State." Studies in American Political Development 26 no. 2. (2012)
- "Do Politicians Racially Discriminate Against Constituents? A Field Experiment on State Legislators." (with Daniel M. Butler) American Journal of Political Science 55 no. 3. (2011)
- "Do Congressional Candidates Have Reverse Coattails?" Political Analysis 17 no. 4. (2009)
- Congressional Officials Grant Access Due To Campaign Contributions: A Randomized Field Experiment. (with Joshua Kalla) Replication data. R&R at American Journal of Political Science.
- How Do Citizens React When Politicians Support Policies They Oppose? Field Experiments with Elite Communication. (with Daniel Butler)
- Approaches to Studying Representation.
- "Ideological Innocence" and Voter Choice: Why Empowering The People Doesn't Help Moderate Candidates. (with Douglas J. Ahler)
- Preaching To The Choir: Americans Avoid Communicating To Outpartisan Elected Officials. (with Timothy J. Ryan)
- National Candidate Study. (with Nicholas Carnes, Chris Skovron, and Melody Crowder-Meyer)
Revised and Resubmitted
Selected Projects in Progress
Dissertation Committee Chair: