- "Distorted Communication, Unequal Representation: Constituents Communicate Less To Representatives Not Of Their Race." Forthcoming, American Journal of Political Science.
- "Can the Presence of Female Politicians and Candidates Empower Women to Vote or Run For Office? A Regression Discontinuity Approach." Electoral Studies 34. (2014)
- "Do Online Advertisements Increase Political Candidates' Name Recognition or Favorability? Evidence from Randomized Field Experiments." (with Donald P. Green) Forthcoming, Political Behavior.
- "Black Politicians Are More Intrinsically Motivated To Advance Blacks' Interests: A Field Experiment Manipulating Political Incentives." American Journal of Political Science 57 no. 3. (2013)
- "The 'Problem of Preferences': Medicare and Business Support for the Welfare State." Studies in American Political Development 26 no. 2. (2012)
- "Do Politicians Racially Discriminate Against Constituents? A Field Experiment on State Legislators." (with Daniel M. Butler) American Journal of Political Science 55 no. 3. (2011)
- "Do Congressional Candidates Have Reverse Coattails?" Political Analysis 17 no. 4. (2009)
- Congressional Officials Grant Access Due To Campaign Contributions: A Randomized Field Experiment. (with Joshua Kalla) Replication data.
- An Artificial 'Disconnect'? Assuming Americans Are Reliably Ideological Masks Public Support For Policies More Extreme Than Politicians Pursue.
- Far-Sighted Radicals or Political Tacticians? The Strategies of the San Francisco Gay Pride Parade and ACT UP/NY.
- National Candidate Study. (with Nicholas Carnes, Chris Skovron, and Melody Crowder-Meyer)
Selected Projects in Progress